Thursday, November 1, 2007

I Wish I Knew

So I told my parents that I wanted to be treated like an adult; they laughed and said, "We will when you become one." I didn't understand because I thought I was practically grown up. I have a nice car, a job, everything that I wanted, and I am close to being 18. I came back to my parents and said that I had everything I needed to be an adult. In fact, I had more than many adults have anyway. Mom just said I was a spoiled brat who thought I was grown because of the materials that I had. Well, she was right. The car that I own, or we own, was halfway paid by me from my savings and the other half was split between my parents. I make decent money from my job as a bag boy at Kroger, but not enough to support myself. I guess that's why mom still gives me allowance and tells me to put the rest in savings. Afterwards, I usually spend my allowance on video games and some skateboarding supplies. I guess I really don't posses the belongings that are in my room. I realized that everything I have is not because I am a responsible adult, it is because my parents are. I haven't exactly learned anything from the situation, because its so tempting to buy the latest even though I know I shouldn't. I wanted to anxiously be an adult because of the perks, but I only envisioned the positives of a comfortable lifestyle that two adults worked for. I think I'll be a child for now.

No comments: