Thursday, November 8, 2007

Well, Love is...um

I don't really know what love is or how love comes about. I guess love just happens when it happens. I know I love my parents because of the emotional feeling that comes over me when I am around them or when I miss them. For me, loving my family is a given because they have always been there to help. What makes love complex in my situation is that I don't think that I have truly loved anyone outside my family. I'm not trying to say I'm a pimp, but I have never been in a relationship where deep passion is present. I have good friends, and I like a few people more than a friend, but I haven't been in a relationship more than a year. Maybe that's what it takes. I don't think I will know or experience love until I least expect it later on in life. Or when love has come and gone.
In Song of Solomon, love overpowers most of the characters. In some aspects, love seems like a nagging wife that annoys you to death, but one you will desire for life. No one can live without love because everyone wants to be admired no matter how much they try to fake like they don't care.

No comments: