Tuesday, October 16, 2007

After All of this..

Well, at first, I was overwhelmed by the fate vs. free will discussion. I comprehended but still felt lost. I became frustrated and just decided to shut out the existence of fate all together. Now, I'm still skeptical about the existence of fate because isn't it based upon the outcome, not the journey? One's journey toward fate is not part of destiny is it? Those are some questions that have been swimming around in my head. These questions become more obnoxious when they bring more questions as the answers. However, I do understand how Harold Crick is a good analogy toward the connection between fate and free will. He pretty much changed his fate in the movie because of the forceful will of his differing actions. Living your life without worrying about what your fate will turn out to be may diverge from destiny. But still, I don't think fate or destiny are an existing factor in one's specific life. Death is the end for everyone.

No comments: